Now is a good time to do good. Right now, today, this week. Of course, it is always a good time to do good, but now is the best time since there is so much universal fear, anxiety, and stress.
Everyone is affected by this ongoing global health crisis, whether you have the virus or not. Perhaps you are worried about your finances, or your kid’s school, or your parents’ health, or your own health.
Everyone is feeling the same fears you are feeling, which is why now is the best time to do good. But what, exactly, does that mean?
You may be wondering: how can I do good from my own home?
Well, for starters, let’s check out the video below. In it, you will get a taste of what people are doing around the world to do good for their household, extended family, and community
Next, you can consider how you can make an impact from the safety of your own home. The options are truly endless. Here are a few examples:
- Write a letter to a friend or family member
- Video chat with someone who could use company
- Accept prayer requests on social media and host a livestream prayer
- Learn a useful skill:
- Another language
- Cooking for large groups
- Basic first aid
- Praise music (instruments and songs)
- Writing a newsletter
- Home repair
- Offer to care for the lawns of elderly or vulnerable neighbors (while practicing safe social distancing, of course)
- Drop off food and essentials for those who can’t leave home
- Donate at ADRA.org to support our COVID-19 emergency response
These are just a few options. Feel free to get creative and see how YOU can do